Do you live in an apartment, condo, or somewhere else that isn't always easy to take your dog out for a bathroom break?
Maybe you work long hours and you're not always able to get home to your fur baby.
If so, you may need a grass pad for your dog, and I get it. These grass pads not only help train your dog to pee in grass, they're also life savers when you just can't get them outside regularly.
After a ton of research, we believe these are some of the best artificial grass mats for your dogs.
Top Grass Pads For Dogs:
Table of Contents
- Top Grass Pads For Dogs:
- Our Rankings of Grass Pads For Dogs
- Why You Need A Dog Grass Pad
- The Difference Between Artificial and Real Grass Pads
- What To Look For in A Grass Pad
- How To Clean a Grass Pad
- Is It Ok For Dogs To Pee On Artificial Grass
Portable Potty Trainer for Indoor and Outdoor Use
This mat by Petmaker uncomplicates the bathroom process by offering a spot for your pets to relieve themselves indoors
It encompasses a three-layer system that makes clean up effortless. The odor resistant, antimicrobial mat sits on top of the plastic insert that locks in, and allows liquid to drain into the durable collection tray.
Is a really good indoor dog potty.
Fresh Patch Disposable Dog Potty with Real Grass
I really liked this pad from Fresh Batch. Originally I saw them on Shark Tank and thought it was a cool idea. Last I checked, they had over 2,500 reviews on Amazon.
Their real grass is hydroponically grown in the US, which it is a natural attractant and odor neutralizer
Intended for outdoor use on a patio or balcony, or indoor use as a replacement for pee-pads or artificial grass options.
Grasslife Outdoor Thick Rug Deluxe Artificial Grass for Dogs Pee Pads
While we expect that most of our readers are looking for options to go in the home we wanted to include this outdoor mat from Grasslife.
It's great for your patio or if you don't want to maintain a backyard.
While it's a little more expensive than some of the other options, we believe it is necessary addition to this list in order to be all-inclusive.
Our Rankings of Grass Pads For Dogs
- DOG TRAINING PADS – Fake grass pee pads are essential dog housebreaking supplies that help to make potty training your puppy or small pet, a bit easier
- ARTIFICIAL GRASS PUPPY PAD – Puppy pads are also perfect for owners that work long hours or live in apartments by providing a spot for your pets to relieve themselves indoors
- THREE LAYER SYSTEM – This pet pad encompasses a three-layer system that makes clean up effortless. The odor resistant, antimicrobial mat sits on top of the plastic insert that locks in and allows...
- EASY CLEAN-UP – Cleaning the pet bathroom mat is quick and easy. Clean-up consists only of rinsing the three layers with soapy water
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: Synthetic Plastic (Grass Mat) and Hard Plastic (Tray and Insert). Dimensions: 20” x 25” x 1.25”
- Multipurpose: This Artificial Grass Turf is larger than the others of same price. Length: 39.4 inches, width: 19.7 inches.Can be installed at pets playing area, yard, garden, patio, balcony, roof,...
- Realistic Artificial Grass: Lush, thick, soft to the touch, and featuring realistic colors and tones that look like natural grass. Our artificial turf will provide you with year-round green and turf...
- High Quality Material: The grass pad is made of eco-friendly material. Premium material, not easy shed, which suit for extremely hot or freezing weather. The material makes it soft, is comfortable for...
- Easy care: The bottom of our artificial grass carpet features drainage holes to help water or liquids drain through without pooling. It is easy to tidy away, rinsing the dog grass pad with soapy water...
- Simple installation. You can stapl or nail it to the ground, or just keep it in place. It is easy to be cut into any size, with low maintenance and saving water. No fading, no mowing and save time.
- Multiple Uses: The grass mat is 48 inches x 32 inches. It can be installed at pets playing area, yard, garden, patio, balcony, roof, swimming pool, door mats etc. For indoor potty training, an...
- High Quality Material: Our artificial grass pad is made of high quality material, which suit for extremely hot or freezing weather. It is kind to pets, feels so soft under pet paws.
- Environmentally Friendly & Save time: No mowing, no watering, no fertilizers. It is easy to be cut into any size, with low maintenance and saving water. It is safe for pets and children.
- Realistic Appearance: Soft and lush and the thatch looks & feels like real natural grass. Providing you with Year Round Green and turf enjoyment, perfect for all indoor and outdoor projects.
- Easy to Clean: This turf coated durable rubber backing with drainage holes to help clear water and wee away quickly. It is easy to tidy away, just rinse with soap and water.
- REPLACEMENT SET: Small patch 14x18 inches compatible for 16x20 inches Puppy Potty Trainer tray. You will get 2 packs a set. It is convenient for you to wash one while the other is available for use.
- RAPID FLOW DRAINAGE: Constructed with a highly-drainable backing material to maximize draining capacity, with drainage holes to help urine and clear water wee away quickly, and the porous grass avoids...
- LOW MAINTENANCE: Stop worrying about mowing and using special treatments to keep your dog’s lawn alive and healthy. This artificial green lawn allows you to sit back and relax without having to work...
- EASY TO CLEAN & NO SMELL: No assembly, settings are instant, fast and simple, reusable. Easy to clean, wash with soap and warm water in under 10 minutes and let it dry out. The mat comes with special...
- PERFECT FOR INDOOR OR OUTDOOR: use indoor, porches, patios, balconies, backyard, apartment, pet carriage etc, portable and weatherproof, make you and your furry friend’s life more easier.
- PERFECT SIZE: 39.3 inches by 31.5 inches. Make it ideal for puppies and small dogs, portable almost indoors, outdoors, terraces, sunrooms, balconies, and especially apartments. It's easy to break into...
- THE BEST TOOL: for training in the apartment, keeping your pet comfortable and your floor and carpet cleaning with the puppy dog,potty patch to make it easier for the home. Ideal for training as a pet...
- GREEN HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION: weatherproof, non-toxic, no assembly, easy to clean. Settings are instant, simple, fast and simple. Non-toxic and easy to clean. Just rinse with soap and...
- HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT: the highest quality authentic lawn, 100% weather resistant synthetic yarn. - Natural multi-tone. - Drain holes and rubber gaskets. - Tested completely lead free. Inspired by...
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT: We strive to provide the best satisfaction for all our customers. If you are not satisfied with Artificial Grass Rug, please feel free to contact us and we will send you a...
- LARGE PET LITTER BOXES (35"X22.6"): The triple-layered design has artificial grass + washable pee pads + big tray, the artificial turf placed on-top of a tray, with a durable base which collects and...
- GREAT TOOL FOR APARTMENT TRAINING: Comfortable and soft dog toilet grass, not only is it realistic in appearance, but it feels just like real grass, letting pets enjoy nature at home. The drain hole...
- WASHABLE DOG TRAINING PEE PADS: Optimal absorption of urine and odor control to avoid unpleasant odors staying indoors for long periods. Reusable puppy pads not only save money, but also reduce the...
- EASY TO CLEAN & No ASSEMBLY: The pet toilet does not need to be assembled, and can be used immediately, which is simple and convenient. The turfs or washable puppy pads can be washed quickly with soap...
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR POTTY SOLUTIONS: Portable potty is a unique solution for pets to have an accident-free life. Perfect for times when you’re late coming home to let the dog out, or unable to let your...
- Easy to Use: Pet potty is lightweight, convenient, and mimics grass
- Clean & Convenient: Treated with smell control technology, easy to clean
- Quality: Soft grass, 3 Layer System protects your flooring
- Indoor or Outdoors: Portable and weatherproof. Use indoor, porches, patios, balconies. Size: 16" x 20" x 2" - 3 Layers.
- Brand: Downtown Pet Supply
- EXTRA LARGE SIZE: 45 ×35 inches, suitable for extra large dogs, like Golden Retriever, Alaskan Malamute, Labrador ... indoor, for balcony
- 3 LAYER SYSTEM: Top -- Artificial grass; Middle -- pee pads; Bottom -- Tray
- 2 ARITIFICIAL GRASS PADS: It is convenient for you to wash one while the other is available for use. Designed with reinforced tufts and a strong rubber backing to withstand the tearing of pet. The...
- TRAINING PADS: 2 training pad included ,35.4×23.6 inches, very absorbent,leak-proof ; More pads can be bought by searching “ MEEXPAWS pee pads “ on Amazon
- EXTRA LARGE TRAY HOLDER: 45×35 inches,dried in the shade
- [Thick & realistic artificial grass rug]:soft and lush and the thatch looks & feels like real natural grass. Providing you with Year Round Green and turf enjoyment, perfect for all indoor and outdoor...
- [High quality material]:made of the highest quality UV resistant polyethylene and poly polypropylene yarn, resistant synthetic material high temperature, superior resilience & durability. Rubber...
- [Safe artificial grass]:artificial grass is and non-toxic. Non-toxic and Lead free,No mowing, no watering, no fertilizers.easy to clean and can be dry quickly and mildew proof.safe for pets.
- [Multifunction]:Perfect for outdoor decor, such as garden, lawn, patio, landscape, backyard, deck, balcony, porch and other outdoor place. Also used as mat, carpet, doormats in indoor home.
- [CUSTOMER SUPPORT]: We strive to provide the best satisfaction for all our customers.If you are not satisfied with Artificial Grass Rug, please feel free to contact us and we will send you a...
- Product content: 16x23 inch medium size patch, you will get a set of 2 packs, you can easily clean one of them, and the other can be used, which is very easy to replace. Compatible with 20x25 inch Dog...
Why You Need A Dog Grass Pad
There are several reasons you need a grass pee pad, and the first one is that your dogs use the pads to pee on. Fake grass for dogs to pee on mean that dogs won't be weeing all over the floor, furniture or other surfaces you don't want them to pee on. The bottom line is they will be more inclined to pee on the pads than on other surfaces, keeping those surfaces clean and odor free.
Secondly, other than dog diapers, a dog grass pad is one of the most effective products to train dogs to pee properly. By using pads, your puppy or dog will be potty trained quickly. Besides that, artificial grass for dogs is easy and convenient to use because they are lightweight and can be placed virtually anywhere.
Another reason you need dog potty grass is because they can be used indoors. You want to protect your belongings when you're gone and leave your dog alone. Furthermore, you might not want to put them in a cage when you're not home, but not want them to pee everywhere, and that's exactly why we strongly suggest getting a fake grass pee pad.
Finally, we suggest getting a grass pad for dogs because of odor control. Dogs' pee smells bad and can be difficult to get rid of. A good pad will absorb odor, that way there is no foul smell lingering.
The Difference Between Artificial and Real Grass Pads
Artificial grass pads are exactly that, they are usually made with materials that are not natural. Plastic is typically the material of choice. If you don't keep an eye on your dog constantly, then they may eat through the plastic, and this is bad news because plastic can be harmful when ingested.
However, if you're looking for the best artificial grass for dogs, then check out our reviews because we have done a ton of research and reviews the best artificial grass for dogs.
Real grass pads on the other hand are made with natural grass. The type of grass that is used on natural grass pads for dogs depends on the manufacturer. The good news is that no matter what real grass pad you buy, you can bet that it will feature real grass.
That is the key difference between artificial grass mats for dogs and real grass pads. Not all artificial grass mats are bad for dogs, and not all real grass pads are ideal. That's why you should take the time to read our reviews before buying any indoor grass for dogs.
What To Look For in A Grass Pad
There are a few things we suggest, such as the materials used to make the fake grass. If opting for an artificial grass pad for a dog, then get one that is made with non-toxic materials. If a product doesn't specifically mention non-toxic materials, then think twice about buying it.
Secondly, durability is important. Choose synthetic grass that is built to last because if your dog uses it a few times, you don't want the pad to end up with holes in it or become worn out very quickly. The more durable the pads are, the better because it means you won't have to constantly replace them or worry about them leaking through.
Price is important too, but it's not the most important thing to consider. Look for grass pads that are priced accordingly to their value. For example, if you come across a great pad that has rave reviews, then it's probably worth the price they are asking for.
Also, look for pads that have some sort of odor control. The best pads do an excellent job at absorbing odor. The last thing you want is for your home to smell like dog pee because the pads didn't do a good job at absorbing the odor.
How To Clean a Grass Pad
Cleaning fake grass pads are extremely easy. It really depends on the product you buy, but generally speaking you only need warm water and some regular soap.
We do recommend using natural soap that is free of chemicals, but just your regular bar of soap should be alright if you don't want to use natural soap. All you do is remove the grass from the pad it is attached to and use warm water and soap to wash it.
If there's no tray, then simply wash the grass with soap and water. Allow it to dry and then place it back in its spot. It's as easy as that, but make sure you read the instructions that come with your pads.
Is It Ok For Dogs To Pee On Artificial Grass
Generally speaking, it is perfectly fine for dogs to pee on fake grass, but as long as you choose a quality product.
There are low quality products that use grass made with harmful materials and you want to steer clear of those. Read our reviews and you'll have no problems finding the best artificial grass pads for dogs to pee on.
As a general rule of thumb, you want to compare as many fake grass pads as possible before you settle on the ones you want to let your dog use.
Now you know more about fake and real grass pads and why you need them. Make sure you check out the reviews we've written up on the best dog pee grass pads and then you can decide which ones to buy. Trust us when we say you will constantly be using them after you see how effective they are.