Sometimes, due to the large flow of information found on the internet, dog owners tend to draw hasty conclusions when it comes to chipping their companion and using a dog chip reader. We hope that this article will dismantle certain myths regarding microchipping and the dog chip reader and bring as much clarity as possible so that dog owners can stay relaxed and follow through with this procedure.
Table of Contents
- What is a microchip for dogs?
- How does a microchip work?
- What does dog microchipping require?
- Are there any dangers?
- When should you chip your dog?
- The advantages of dog microchipping
- Can a phone work as a dog chip reader?
- The myth that microchips are a GPS tracking device